DeakinTALENT’s Advance offering is specifically designed for students with prior full-time professional experience (3+ years full time equivalent as a guide). You may be at senior or executive level or planning a career change.
The Advance offering focuses on providing practical, tailored support to assist you to:
- Explore or revaluate your interests, skills, values, motivators, career goals, and employment options
- Build or strengthen your professional identity, networks, application documents, and overall marketability
- Apply your value proposition and career strategy in line with your career goals
As an experienced professional, DeakinTALENT’s Advance offering supports you to take the next step to advance your career.
Advance Webinar Series
The DeakinTALENT Advance Webinar Series is highly practical and focuses on the fundamentals that facilitate career advancement. Each webinar will delve into detail to ensure you are positioning an presenting yourself effectively and consistently at an advanced level.
Each webinar is offered monthly. As webinars include a discussion/Q&A, they are delivered via live online format using the platform Blackboard Collaborate Ultra. Please plan and register your attendance ahead of time. Webinars are 75 minutes in duration and presented by the Program Manager, Career Advancement.
The Advance resources contain valuable information you can access on-demand. Resources include both written and video content and cover a broad range of career topics including:
- Career Planning and Career Change/Transition
- LinkedIn, Networking and Personal Brand
- Job Search
- Interview and Assessment
- Offer Management and Negotiation
Advance Job Application Review
Receiving impartial feedback on your job application prior to submitting it to an employer or recruiter is recommended. Upload the resume and/or cover letter that you have tailored for a specific (or sample) role and we will respond to you within 3 business days. It is recommended that you attend the ‘Develop and Tailor a Strategic Resume’ webinar prior to requesting a review where possible.
Self-check your resume and/or cover letter
Advance Career Appointment
An individual career appointment can assist you in developing and refining the self-management skills required to compete in today’s competitive market. It can also help you gain clarity on your next steps and move forward towards achieving your career goals. Advance career appointments are 30 minutes in duration and offered year-round.
Use this time to discuss a broad range of career related topics including but not limited to:
- Career planning, career change/transition
- Interview coaching/preparation
- Application review (resume, cover letter) following webinar attendance
- LinkedIn, network development, personal brand
- Job search
- Working for self
- Offer management, package negotiation, and decision making
- General career conversation